GET A PASSPORTIncludes new and renewal passport applications for adult and children, service locations and processing time.
IMMIGRATIONIncludes applications for visitors, skilled workers, entrepreneurs, refugees and reporting lost, stolen, damaged or found immigration documents.
TO VIEW THE STATUS OF YOUR PASSPORT APPLICATION PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON TO THE RIGHT.
If you would like to know the status of an Official, Diplomatic, or other No-fee Passport application, please contact our office.
- 09 December 2016 by Pica Admin, in Latest posts...READ MORE +
- 02 September 2016 by Pica Admin, in Latest postsThe Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) wishes to advise that it...READ MORE +
- 10 June 2016 by Pica Admin, in Latest postsPICA’s Director of Passport, Amy Johnson-Lynch (left) addresses members of the S...READ MORE +
- 08 April 2016 by Pica Admin, in Latest posts...READ MORE +
The Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency
We are committed to building Jamaica's future through the well-managed movement of people.We work to keep Jamaica secure through border management and facilitate travellers crossing the border.
Our organisation strives to make fair and reasonable decisions for people entering or leaving the country, ensuring compliance with Jamaica’s immigration laws and integrity in decision-making.Every day we help people take the final step in their migration journey to become Jamaican citizens.
Proof of citizenship: Original birth certificate or adoption certificate. For applicants born outside of Jamaica, a certificate of registration, naturalization or letter of certification or citizenship should be submitted. Proof of identity: Driver’s licence, voter’s ID or work/student ID subject to approval by the Passport Officer and two photographs, one of which should be certified by the Certifying Official who signed the application form.
- Applications for Citizenship by Descent are processed within 30 days
- Applications for Citizenship by virtue of Marriage are prepared for submission to the Minister for approval within 24 months
- Naturalization will be processed within 24 months
- Registration (Commonwealth citizens) will be processed within 24 months
- Registration (Minors) will be processed within 24 months
The process takes three (3) working days for applications submitted at PICA's Kingston office at 25 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10 and seven (7) working days for applications submitted at our office at Overton Plaza, 49 Union Street in Montego Bay.